The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
Are you a college or university student who is below 30 years old and is passionate about the environment? Do you want to help spread the word about Malaysia's Net Zero Pathways? Join the Climate Communication Challenge! It is an exciting competition organised by WWF-Malaysia in conjunction with Earth Hour where you can showcase your creativity and communication skills by making awesome content based on the ‘Securing Our Future: Net Zero Pathways for Malaysia’ report. By participating, you will have the chance to win exciting awards, prizes and receive an e-certificate. You will have the benefit of coaching and mentoring sessions to assist you throughout the process too.
To sign up, just register below. Do not miss out on this opportunity and we can’t wait to see what you come up with. Thank you.
The Climate Communication Challenge is an initiative aimed at increasing tertiary students' knowledge and competency on possible Net Zero Pathways for Malaysia through content creation, based on the 'Securing Our Future: Net Zero Pathways for Malaysia' report.
It is a fantastic opportunity for students, aspiring artists, and content creators to use this platform to create and showcase their work. Additionally, participants will also have the chance to expand the outreach of their work through WWF-Malaysia's platforms.
If you are a tertiary student aged below 30 years old, we welcome you to join this challenge by clicking the button below by 8 June 2023.
1. Registration of interest from 25 March 2023 to 8 June 2023.
2. Submission of work from 1 July 2023 to 31 July 2023 at 11.59 PM (GMT +8) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The winners will be contacted, and the result will be published on 6 October 2023 via WWF-Malaysia’s website and fb.com/wwfmy.
4. From May to July 2023, WWF-Malaysia will be giving free webinars and coaching sessions to help guide the participants. Please click the links below to watch the webinars, thank you.
1. Webinar 1 - Net Zero 101 - Introduction to Net Zero (17 May 2023)
2. Webinar 2 - Promoting the Relationship between Nature and Climate, and Behavioural Change (20 May 2023)
Who Can Join?
● Students below 30 years old studying in tertiary institutions in Malaysia (including both full-time and part-time students).
● Students below 30 years old studying in tertiary institutions outside Malaysia.
● International students below 30 years old who are studying in Malaysian tertiary institutions.
How Do I Join?
1. You may submit your work as an individual or a group (maximum of three members). Group members can belong to the same field or interdisciplinary fields of study.
2. Each individual can submit only one submission either as an individual or as a group.
3. The content submitted should be targeted at the following target audiences:
● Urban consumers
4. Select one of the two main themes presented in the ‘Securing Our Future: Net Zero Pathways for Malaysia’ report below:
5. Refer to the submission requirements below to determine what you can submit, as well as the format and size.
● Other forms of submissions are also welcomed as long as it can be uploaded on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
● Inter-media submission is allowable, as long as it adheres to the requirements above.
● Submission must be an original work and have not been previously published or awarded.
● Submission can be in any of these languages English, Bahasa Malaysia, Tamil or Mandarin.
1. Technical Accuracy - Accuracy of message in line with the report insights.
2. Creativity and Originality - Innovativeness and originality of the submission.
3. Appeal Factor and Effectiveness - Effectiveness in communicating the essence of the report content, and use of appropriate language and tone for the target audience.
4. Quality of the Submission - Coherence and clarity of the ideas presented, and attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Engagement on Social Media - Submission engagement and outreach to the public through social media, as well as its overall impact and impression.
Note: The submission must meet all the submission requirements.
Special Jury Award (10 prizes, RM1000 each)
Outstanding Award (10 prizes, RM500 each)
All submissions will receive a certificate of participation. The award-winning submissions will also receive their respective certificates.
1. Selected winners will be announced on WWF-Malaysia’s website and fb.com/wwfmy on 6 October 2023.
2. The winning submissions will be posted on WWF-Malaysia’s website and social media channels.
3. Winners consent to provide details (full name, date of birth, contact number, email address and name of institution) when contacted.
4. WWF-Malaysia’s decision in selecting the winners for the Challenge is final and conclusive. Correspondence will not be entertained.
5. If any of the selected winners cannot be traced, and does not respond within 7 days after the announcement, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited. It will be at the sole discretion of WWF-Malaysia to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
Terms and Conditions
Please download the Climate Communication Challenge Terms and Conditions below, thank you.