The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
We need your help to build support for Earth Hour and nature conservation. So, come join the Earth Hour 2023 Video Contest from 10 February to 30 April 2023 and #MakeSomeNoiseForNature. Grab the opportunity to win attractive WWF merchandise by just recording and sharing your own creative 10-second video!
How to enter
Step 1: Record yourself (friends are welcome too) clapping, stomping, playing a short rhythm using cups and utensils, etc with a ‘Support Earth Hour!’ shout out at the end. Videos to be no longer than 10 seconds. See example videos here.
Step 2: Upload your video on Instagram or TikTok and ensure your profile is set to public.
Step 3: Tag @wwfmy on Instagram or @wwfmalaysia on TikTok
Step 4: Tag two friends
Step 5: Add your own Earth Hour caption of no more than 30 words (excluding #) and ask people to take action to protect nature.
Step 6: #EarthHour #wwfmy #MakeSomeNoiseForNature #BiggestHourForEarth
Rules and Guidelines
1. Each video must be no longer than 10 seconds. No limit on the number of videos that each person uploads, although one person can only win one prize during the contest period.
2. Your ‘Support Earth Hour!’ shout out must be clear and easily understood.
3. Contest is open from 10 February to 30 April 2023.
1. Three winners will be selected every month based on the creativity of their caption and video.
2. Selected winners will be announced on WWF-Malaysia’s Instagram on the fifth day of March, April and May 2023 at 5:00 pm.
3. The winning videos will be posted on WWF-Malaysia Instagram Story. Winners will be tagged on the winner’s announcement Instagram Story to receive prizes consisting of WWF merchandise
4. Winners consent to provide details (full name, date of birth, contact number, and delivery address) through Instagram Messenger when contacted.
5. WWF-Malaysia will comment on the winning videos on TikTok, so the winners can share their details with us.
6. WWF-Malaysia’s decision in selecting the winners for the Contest is final and conclusive. Correspondence will not be entertained.
7. If any of the selected winners cannot be traced, does not respond within 20 days after the announcement/ comment, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited. It will be in the sole discretion of WWF-Malaysia to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
Terms and conditions
1. Malaysians residing in Malaysia are eligible to join the Contest with no limit on the number of entries per person. One person can only win one prize during the Contest period.
2. Organisations are welcome to submit videos using their organisation's official IG or TikTok account, with no limit on the number of entries per organisation. Each organisation can only win one prize during the Contest period.
3. Participants aged below 18 years are responsible to obtain parental consent before participating in this Contest
4. Members, employees or immediate family of WWF-Malaysia staff, its agents, or anyone else connected to the administration and execution of the Contest may take part in this Contest but they are not eligible to win any prizes.
5. By entering the Contest, the participant indicates that he / she is the sole copyright owner of the video and that this video does not infringe upon any other third party’s rights. Participants who are found to have submitted non-original and non-proprietary videos will be disqualified.
6. The participant agrees to grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to WWF-Malaysia to reproduce, distribute, display, share and create derivative works of the entries connected with the Contest and the promotion of WWF-Malaysia’s conservation work.
7. WWF-Malaysia will not pay any fees for, nor bear any costs relating to, the entry of the participant into the Contest or for their use as described above. Where possible and to the extent feasible, WWF-Malaysia will credit the photograph(s) as follows when publishing: © First and last name of entrant / WWF-Malaysia.
8. The organiser reserves the right to change the “Terms and Conditions” at any time without prior notice to the participants.
9. WWF-Malaysia reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the Contest, at any time and for any reason it deems necessary.