Careers in Conservation
Protect Mother Nature while establishing a career in conservation
You don’t need to be a scientist to have an exciting and rewarding career in conservation. At WWF-Malaysia, our staff come from backgrounds as diverse as Accounting, Biology, Business Management, Communications, Environmental Management, Forestry, Fisheries, Human Resources, Information Technology, Law and Photography among others. We are a truly Malaysian NGO with representatives from every state on our staff.
We also have people who joined as trainees and today lead the entire organisation. Our current Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director, Dr Dionysius Sharma came in as a trainee in 1990 and after 16 years, is the first home-grown talent to lead WWF-Malaysia.
WWF-Malaysia offers rewarding careers in environmental conservation and invites both local and foreign talents to explore their full potential in a professional atmosphere, fuelled by passionate and dynamic people. We are looking for committed people to join us in stopping the degradation of our natural world and to build a future where we can live in harmony with nature.
Some of our staff benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical and Dental schemes
- Group Term Life Insurance and Group Hospitalisation & Surgery Insurance Scheme
- Flexi-Time policy
- Work From Home policy
- Recognition of Service Awards
- Special Merit Awards for high-fliers
- Opportunities to visit project field sites
Whether our staff stay with us for a couple of years or a couple of decades, working at WWF-Malaysia leaves a lasting impression on them:
- A people organisation where everyone's opinion counts, no matter how insignificant you think your opinion is to the organisation.
- An environmental conservation organisation where you can be a part of our cause to protect the environment for future generations and for them to live in harmony with nature. Every little contribution counts.
- Opportunity to be a part of local, regional or international projects and work with local and foreign functional experts in their respective areas, either in conservation, fundraising & marketing as well as operations.
- Opportunity for training, learning and development, be it internal or external, local or international. Everyone is encouraged and given the opportunity to learn and share knowledge, best practices, etc in a local and/or international platforms.
- Opportunity for career/personal growth where your performance is recognised and rewarded accordingly, be it non-monetary, such as a promotion, or monetary.
- Opportunity to work in a regional or international capacity within the WWF Network as part of the organisation's talent management effort.