Letter to Political Coalition and Political Parties on “Addressing Environmental Concerns in Malaysia”
Many countries, including Malaysia, have alluded to the importance of green economy as the way forward for development. However, the question remains on how committed is Malaysia in developing our nation to be a green economy?
Against the backdrop of Malaysia’s 13th General Elections, we, the undersigned environmental non-governmental organisations, are keen to understand the political coalition’s and parties’ stand and commitment towards addressing environmental concerns in Malaysia, in our quest to become a green economy.
We append here the letter “Addressing Environmental Concerns in Malaysia” that we have issued to the following political coalition and parties:
• Barisan Nasional
• Parti Keadilan Rakyat
• DAP Malaysia
• Parti Islam SeMalaysia (PAS)
• Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM)
We appreciate if you could publish in full this letter in your media to create awareness among your readers on the need and importance of addressing environmental concerns in Malaysia in our quest to become a green economy.
We thank you in advance for your support.
• Environmental Protection Society Malaysia (EPSM)
• Global Environment Centre (GEC)
• Malaysian Nature Society (MNS)
• Partners of Community Organisations Sabah (PACOS)
• Reef Check Malaysia Bhd
• Sabah Wetlands Conservation Society (SWCS)
• Sustainable Development Network Malaysia (SUSDEN)
• Treat Every Environment Special Sdn Bhd (TrEES)
• Wetlands International (Malaysia)
• World Wide Fund for Nature-Malaysia (WWF-Malaysia)
• Water Watch Penang (WWP)
MENGO c/o EcoKnights,
No.41, Lorong Burhanuddin Helmi 11,
60000 Kuala Lumpur Tel/ Fax: (603) 7731 8361
E-Mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org