WWF-Malaysia Reaches Out to Youths
WWF-Malaysia sincerely thanks:
- The “Gorilla Initiative” from the American Degree Programme of Taylor’s University College, which comprised enterprising students who designed, produced and marketed Earth Hour themed T-shirts. They raised RM3,000 for WWF-Malaysia’s conservation work.
- The “1 Media, 1 Malaysia” project team from Universiti Teknologi MARA in Melaka who raised more than RM2,000 for our conservation work by selling WWF merchandise at their university events. The team also collected signatures in support of WWF-Malaysia’s Earth Hour and Tx2 campaigns.
- The Moral Studies team from Sunway University College, who sold WWF merchandise at their university and raised more than RM2,000 for our conservation work as well as collected signatures supporting WWF-Malaysia’s campaigns.
- The Accounting Club of Sunway University College raised more than RM1,500 through WWF merchandise sales, which was channelled to WWF-Malaysia’s conservation efforts.
- The Eco Friends Club of the International Medical University Malaysia, who helped WWF-Malaysia’s Youth Outreach Team sell more than RM1,100 worth of WWF merchandise, with proceeds going to our conservation work.
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional students who raised more than RM2,100 for WWF-Malaysia’s conservation work through selling WWF merchandise and collecting donations for their Humanities project on tiger conservation.
- Taylor’s University College for inviting WWF-Malaysia to speak about conservation at their “Hear Us Out” global issues conferences in 2009 and 2010. The Taylor’s University College World Issues students also raised about RM1,000 for our conservation efforts in 2010.
- The UNDP Student Society in HELP University College who sold WWF merchandise, and generated about RM1,500 for WWF-Malaysia’s conservation work.
WWF-Malaysia also thanks the following educational institutions for generously hosting our Youth Outreach Team, enabling us to share the conservation message with their students:
- Fairview International School, Wangsa Maju campus,
- International Medical University Malaysia, Bukit Jalil,
- International School Kuala Lumpur, Ampang and Melawati campuses,
- KDU College, Damansara Jaya campus,
- SEGi University College, Kota Damansara and USJ campuses,
- SMK Bandar Utama 4,
- SMK Kepong,
- Sri Cempaka School, Damansara,
- Sunway University College,
- Taylor’s Business School, Subang Jaya campus,
- Taylor’s University College, Lakeside and Subang Jaya campuses,
- Tunku Abdul Rahman College, Setapak,
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Melaka Campus,
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Titiwangsa campus,
- University of Malaya,
- Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang campus, and
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional.
• KLUE magazine,
• LEO Club of Tropicana TREEnity,
• Rotary Club of Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, and
• Youth Asia Sdn Bhd.
If your school or university would like help raise funds for WWF-Malaysia’s crucial conservation work or host our Youth Outreach Team, please e-mail: email@example.com