How you live your life makes a difference to our environment
Please practise these simple steps every day and help to leave our children a living planet.
In Your Home
- Buy energy-efficient household appliances you can afford.
- Recycle your paper, glass, plastics and other waste.
- Save water: turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Turn off your televisions, computers and stereos when not in use. That little red standby light means they're still using power - and that means a contribution to global warming.
Out & About
- Bring your own bags to the shops to carry home your groceries and shopping.
- Help reduce the world's rubbish - avoid "throw-away" products like paper plates and napkins, plastic knives, forks, and cups. Stop using Styrofoam products – bring your own container to food stalls and restaurants for takeaways.
- Make sustainable seafood choices when ordering your dish, refer to the S.O.S Guide.
- Report Wildlife Crimes to 019-356 4194
- Choose wisely and help stop illegal wildlife trade!
- *Do not buy products made from endangered species, such as "tortoiseshell jewellery" (Hawksbill turtle shell) or ivory.
- *Do not buy medicines which claim to contain parts of endangered species, such as pangolin scales, tiger bone or bear bile.
- *Do not eat dishes that include parts of endangered species, such as sharks fin soup or turtle eggs
In the Garden
- Collect rainwater to water your flowers.
- Never pick plants or pick flowers from the wild.
- Plant more trees.